Hi guys. Not sure if anyone else has tried putting XBMC Barebone Android v0.1a **Ultra Slim, Ultra fast** by Static for G-Box Midnight on their Jynxbox but I have and it works. It runs pretty well with some issues that need to be workaround of course. Not perfect yet but it is like the best of both worlds. You get to boot directly into XBMC like Linux builds but you can still install android apps (not from store but with apk fron local nedia). Here is what I did and where I am at so far. First I will post Static's original instructions for G-Box Midnight then I will post what I did. BTW- All credit for this goes to Static and all others he credits. I did nothing but try it on my Jynxbox.
XBMC Barebone Android v0.1a by Static (Download static_xbmc-barebone_v0.1_alpha.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way)
After many weeks of work i am proud to present the first XBMC Barebone:
G-Box Midnight 2.0 – Fully tested, developed and working
G-Box Midnight 2.1 – Fully tested, developed and working
G-Box Midnight 2.2 – Confirmed working.
** IMPORTANT: FLASH AT OWN RISK, this is still alpha **
This will turn you’re G-Box into XBMC Only
(you can install apps, but no market!)
*Direct Boot XBMC
*XBMC RC2 (thanks to mattburris)
*Fix for profile datareset
*Preconfigured “sources.xml” for SDCARD/USB/NFS/SMB
*Supports NFS native from XBMC
*Supports SMB native from XBMC
*Factory Default/reset proof
*XBMC Launcher Only (2 running processes: XBMC and RemoteControl)
*Tested with mkv 4/6/8gb files over WiFi.
*Tested with mkv 12/16gb files over Ethernet
Unofficial Add-Ons confirmed working:
* StreamOn (requires)
*Everything that was not needed
*Android Settings from XBMC
*Android Application Installer from XBMC
- Download (Download static_xbmc-barebone_v0.1_alpha.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way)
md5 : 19aa74f1718c71eecda534867c9f4421
*Original “ROOTED* Firmware 12-4-12 for Rev 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 G-Box Midnight
- Download (G-Box Official XBMC HQ | World's Most Powerful XBMC Android & Linux TV Mini PC)
- Space requirement: atleast 250mb of free data
1. Download “static_xbmc-barebone_v0.1_alpha.zip”
2. Unzip “static_xbmc-barebone_v0.1_alpha.zip” into root of SDCARD
3. Factory/Reset your G-Box (tick format sdcard also, –> remove external sdcard or it will be empty! <–)
4. Skip setup and start Application Installer
5. Install “pl.qbanin.rebootrecovery_1.0.apk” from SDCARD (External SDCARD)
6. Run “Reboot Recovery”
7. Wait for error, then the recovery menu appears.
8. Select apply update
9. Select /sdcard/update/static_xbmc-barebone.zip
10. Wait for installer to complete
11. Select reboot
12. Wait until XBMC is fully booted, then turn of G-Box <– Important!!
13. Turn G-Box on
14. Configure your Android Settings
(Programs -> Android Program -> Settings)
15. And you are done.
If you experience problems with Wifi,
this will wipe all of your wifi settings.
1. Download: static_wifi-fix_v0.1.zip
* Download static_wifi-fix_v0.1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
* md5 : 3928f6216caaf7ece15e4d15eccde395
* sha1: 19aa90daf35d7929ab88c8117ebf46cdc183645d
2. Unzip to a SD-CARD/USB-Stick, and insert into G-Box
3. Go to appinstaller and install pl.qbanin.rebootrecovery_1.0.apk
4. Run reboot recovery
5. Select update from sdcard “/update/static_wifi-fix.zip”
6. Select reboot
Many thanks go out to:
If you’re happy with the result please leave a comment, i’d really appreciate that.
Have a nice Christmas,
Ok so here is an update on Static Barebones on Jynxbox. IT WORKS!
I started with 12082012 Jynbox Build and then let it update. (Though I suppose I could have just started with the Hiolux 03052013 Buld)
After it was all settled I did a factory reset and format.
Then I installed the reboot and recovery app & ran it.
Then I updated to the static barebones (which had to be renamed with a .img instead of a .zip for the Jynxbox)
Then it did its thing and rebooted right into xbmc.
It seems to be working ok except I do have the userdata being lost issue if I remove power so now I have to take a look at the workaround for that. Playing 1080P smb content smoothly. Haven’t gotten to install video addons yet but Navi-X is working well and quick.
I will keep playing and let you guys know. Any tips that would help me get this running perfectly would be great.
Now my Jynxbox can match my Midnight. Oh Yeah!